Congratulations to Mrs Tracey Hall who was the inaugural winner of the Western Port Secondary College Teacher Excellence Awards and was presented with her Award at the recent Awards night.
This award was endorsed by the school council earlier this year and the criteria for the selection of this new award is the consistent demonstration of a teacher meeting to a high level the Australian Institute for Teaching and Learning Standards which include:
- Know students and how they learn
- Know the content and how to teach it
- Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
- Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments
- Assess, provide feedback and report on student learning
- Engage in professional learning
- Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/ carers and the community
Tracey consistently demonstrates these standards – not only in her classroom teaching role but her wider contribution to the school program and in particular to the school sports program and inter-school sports program over the last 24 years since commencing at the college in 1992. Through her teaching and co-ordination she has impacted on the learning – and indeed lives – of literally thousands of young people and she thoroughly deserves this commendation.
The teacher excellence award consists of:
- A perpetual shield to be displayed in the staff room
- An Individual trophy
- A $200 gift voucher of the recipients choice
- Up to $1000 to be used towards approved Professional Development or the purchase of approved Professional Equipment in 2017