For Year 7 students entering into an academic extension pathway.
The YES Program will be made up of students:
- Who will get involved in a range of leadership opportunities and will be proud to represent the College at a number of events.
- Who are proven to be strong academically in literacy and numeracy across the curriculum.
- Who have the potential to be independent learners and are conscientious about their class work.
Program Expectations – Year 7 to 9:
- The curriculum is designed to promote Excellence for students in Year 7-9, allowing for individual needs.
- Students will learn skills that prepare them for VCE.
- YES students will do Indonesian from Year 7 till the end of Year 9.
- YES students will commence VCE studies in Year 10.
- A review of student placement in the YES Program will be conducted annually.
The YES Program Selection Process:
1. Application form
These are available here or from the child’s Primary School teacher
2. Letter of recommendation
Students must send in a letter of recommendation with their application form, from a teacher to demonstrate motivation, attitude and ability of the student in question.
Students who are shortlisted will undertake the following steps for selection:
3. Academic Testing
Students will be tested at WPSC on both their literacy and numeracy skills. Testing will take place in Term 3 at the College. Students will be notified of these dates when they are shortlisted.
4. Interview Process
Students who are successful from the academic testing phase, will be invited for an interview at the College. Parents are encouraged to attend.
Students are to bring along a portfolio containing a range of items from the list below:
- Past reports – Excellent class work samples
- Academic achievements – Leadership involvement
- Community involvement and other awards.
Please contact Andrew Aldham at the College for further information about this program 5979 1577.